Sunday, May 08, 2005

Watkins Glen State Park


Watkins Glen State Park's gorge was incredible! Unfortunately, the depth prevented a lot of light from reaching the bottom, making photography difficult. Posted by Hello


This
farm is on the opposite side of Watkins Glen, as seen through the 12x
zoom lens from atop a bridge crossing the gorge. Posted by Hello


This sculpture was found in a graveyard on the north rim of the gorge. Posted by Hello


Patches of Phlox were present amongst the graves. Posted by Hello


As on parts of Cornell's campus, Periwinkle was common in the graveyard north of the gorge. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger Da Nator said...

Hi. I stumbled across your site via Google Earth. I really like your travelogue photos, particularly of the Finger Lakes region. We had a farm up on Fir Tree Point just North of Watkins Glen when I was growing up, and your pictures bring back great memories.

There was a gorgeous chain of waterfalls just above our farm - I can't remember the name of them, but I know they're just up the old freight rail line. I hope they are still nearly as pristine as I remember. If you're ever interested in checking them out, I'm sure I could find them on satellite maps.

Cheers!

Monday, May 01, 2006 11:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home