Saturday, April 29, 2006

First Arboretum Trip of the Spring


I was thrilled to see that bloodroot has sprouted again in the Arboretum -- and just where I saw it last spring! Posted by Picasa


This was my first photographic journey through the Cornell Arboretum this spring. Posted by Picasa


More bloodroot. Posted by Picasa


A closeup of a beautiful specimen, scattered with pollen. Posted by Picasa


Of all the geese I've seen, this is the first time I've seen their offspring -- here at Grossman Pond. Posted by Picasa


The chicks search for food as their mother stands guard. Posted by Picasa


Two tadpoles swim around a lillypad which has not yet reached the surface of the pond. Posted by Picasa


A lonely goose walks around Houston Pond. Posted by Picasa


On my walk back to the Jeep, I met a new friend. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home