Saturday, March 12, 2005

Getting Acquainted With My Surroundings

Several years ago, I found it soothing to maintain my own "open diary" on the web. At the time, I suppose I needed a release for my thoughts and it was quite useful to think things through as I typed them out electronically. That diary served me well for 2 or 3 years until I found that I no longer needed that avenue as an outlet. Unfortunately, those thoughts are long gone, having been removed due to inactivity. Perhaps I should feel a little uneasy knowing that 3 years worth of deep thoughts were wiped away just like that -- but I don't -- and I think that probably is an indication of personal growth from the time that I started writing my thoughts down online.

So now I find myself in the Finger Lakes Region -- I've been here for almost two years. I'm here because of external forces which I could not change -- not entirely by choice. It took me almost 18 months to find myself, but it's finally happened.

I don't intend for this to be a repeat of my online diary of the past. I intend for this to be, primarily, a journal of my photography and travels, whether it be in the Finger Lakes Region or beyond. Photography has been a hobby of mine for several years now. Hiking has been an interest of mine for even longer. Hiking has naturally extended to travelling, once I had the money to do so. And now I find that I would like to document my trips -- mostly for my own purposes, but I don't mind if others take a look. :)

I hope it will be interesting to look back at my thoughts and read my first impressions of places I visit as I steadily explore more of the world around me, both natural and manmade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home